20 Tips for Selling Your House
As a homeowner, you can play an important part in the timely sale of your property. When you take the following steps, you’ll help Cindy and Marty sell your home faster, at the best possible price.
Call us first - before you're ready to list. We can provide no-cost and low-cost suggestions to help you prepare your home.
- Here’s your chance to clean up in real estate. Clean up the living room, the bathroom, the kitchen. If your woodwork is scuffed or the paint is fading, consider some minor redecoration. Fresh wallpaper adds charm and value to your property. If you’re worried about time, hire professional cleaners or painters to get your house ready. Remember, prospects would rather see how great your home really looks than hear how great it could look "with a little work."
- Dripping water rattles the nerves, discolors sinks, and suggests faulty or worn-out plumbing. Burned out bulbs or faulty wiring leave prospects in the dark. Don’t let little problems detract from what’s right with your home.
- If cabinets or closet doors stick in your home, you can be sure they will also stick in a prospect’s mind. Don’t try to explain away sticky situations when you can easily plane them away. A little effort on your part can smooth the way toward a closing.
- Homeowners learn to live with all kinds of self-set booby traps: roller skates on the stairs, festooned extension cords, slippery throw rugs and low hanging overhead lights. Make your residence as non-perilous as possible for uninitiated visitors.
- Remember, potential buyers are looking for more than just comfortable living space. They’re looking for storage space, too. Make sure your attic and basement are clean and free of unnecessary items.
- The better organized a closet, the larger it appears. Now’s the time to box up those unwanted clothes and donate them to charity.
- Bathrooms sell homes, so let them shine. Check and repair damaged or unsightly caulking in the tubs and showers. For added allure, display your best towels, mats, and shower curtains.
- Wake up prospects to the cozy comforts of your bedrooms. For a spacious look, get rid of excess furniture. Comfy bedspreads and fresh curtains are a plus.
- Let the sun shine in! Pull back your curtains and drapes so prospects can see how bright and cheery your home is. Then turn on the lights, even in the daytime. It will give your home that model home look and it will allow an agent to focus on highlights of the home, not on scrambling to find light switches.